Samsung Galaxy TAB 8.9 sale will start on 12th august at the Amazon UK for £600
The model listed has a 3G modem, uses a white case for a distinctive look and prides itself with only 465 grams weight (a little bit over a pound) and is only 9 mm thick (0.35 inches). That’s what I call slim and light. There’s no mention on other specs, but I hope screen resolution is 1280 x 800 pixels, not the lower 1024 x 600 px found in 7 inch tablets. It would be a shame for Samsung to put a low res screen, as displays are their specialty: tests have proven the one on the Galaxy TAB 10.1 is better than the iPad 2.
One observation I have, from looking at the image at the end of the post, is that Samsung seems to preload the recently announced TouchWiz UI on the Galaxy TAB 8.9 (PenMemo is a Samsung app). This is good news, but not that important since you can update to TouchWiz by yourself.
Price is pretty restrictive, at £600, but there’s a chance it gets updated on August 12th, to align it to other competing tablets. Right now it’s just too high to consider even tying the tablet. Also I hope to see a WiFi only Galaxy TAB 8.9, for $400 maybe, in US. It could make for a sweet deal. We’ll have to wait until Samsung lists the price and availability in US, which I hope happens no latter than end of August, just in time for Back to School season.
- Samsung Galaxy S III seen running Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM
- Samsung Exynos 5 Dual ARM Cortex-A15 processor announced
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet now available for pre-order
- Huawei reveals Mediapad 7 Lite tablet
- Samsung Galaxy S III officially announced
- Samsung announces external DVD drive with Android compatibility
- Samsung announces two new Android powered Galaxy Players
- Samsung reveals Galaxy Tab 2 release dates
- Samsung introduces Galaxy Beam – Android phone with built-in projector
- Samsung announces the Galaxy Ace 2 and Galaxy Mini 2