New version of ASUS Transformer Prime to be released, with 1920×1200 resolution
Remember, the old TF201 (well, about 1 month old) Transformer Prime has the pretty common 1280×800 resolution, as with the very first Transformer.
There are more improvements, minor changes, but still. ASUS is saying they have completely redesigned the rear of the case with an intention of a better WiFi and GPS signal quality. Also the camera on the front has been upgraded to 2.0 MPixels, the original Prime got 1.3 MPixel camera.
And with this new Prime, the Android 4.0 / Ice Cream Sandwich will be preinstalled and is ready to use right out of the box.
As with everything else, it’s pretty much same as the Prime TF201. The same wondrous NVIDIA’s quad-core 1.4GHz processor, 1 gigabytes of RAM and the 8 MPixel camera on the back with LED flash.
ASUS is saying the new Prime will cost about $600 for a 32GB and $700 for the 64GB variant. These will be available for purchase in Q2 of this year.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean official update ready for the ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
- Asus TF500T tablet goes through the FCC
- Sony’s new Xperia Tablet details leaked
- Archos 97 Carbon with Android 4.0 now for sale for $250
- Casio rugged Android tablets available soon
- Argos announces two low-priced Ice Cream Sandwich tablets
- Huawei reveals Mediapad 7 Lite tablet
- ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity set for August 31 launch in the UK
- Google Nexus 7 tablet now for sale starting from $199
- ASUS PadFone phone-tablet hybrid coming to Taiwan first